When it comes to protecting your furniture, two popular options stand out: performance fabric and MicroSeal treatment. Both offer unique benefits and cater to different needs. In this blog post, we will explore and compare the features, advantages, and considerations of performance fabric and MicroSeal treatment, empowering you to make an informed choice that suits your furniture care requirements.
Performance Fabric: Durability and Resilience
Performance fabric is specially engineered to withstand the rigors of everyday use. It is designed to be highly durable, resistant to stains, and easy to clean. Typically made of synthetic fibers like polyester or nylon, performance fabric offers exceptional strength and resilience, making it an ideal choice for homes with children, pets, or high-traffic areas.
Advantages of Performance Fabric:
- Stain Resistance: Performance fabric is treated with a protective finish that repels liquids and prevents stains from penetrating the fibers. This makes it easier to clean spills and maintain a fresh appearance.
- Fade Resistance: Performance fabric is often engineered to resist fading caused by sunlight and prolonged exposure to UV rays. This ensures that your furniture maintains its vibrant colour and appearance for longer.
- Easy Maintenance: Performance fabric is known for its low-maintenance requirements. It can be easily cleaned with mild soap and water, and in many cases, the covers are even removable and machine washable.
Considerations for Performance Fabric:
- Limited Style Options: While performance fabric has improved over the years, it may still have a reputation for limited style choices compared to traditional fabrics. However, manufacturers are constantly expanding their design options to cater to diverse tastes and preferences.
- Price: Performance fabric is often more expensive than standard upholstery fabric due to its enhanced features and durability. However, it can be viewed as a long-term investment, given its longevity and resistance to wear and tear.
MicroSeal Treatment: Versatile Protection for All Fabrics
MicroSeal treatment is a specialized fabric protection solution that can be applied to various types of upholstery, including natural fibers, synthetic blends, and delicate fabrics. It creates an invisible barrier that repels liquids, stains, and UV rays, providing long-lasting protection for your furniture.
Advantages of MicroSeal Treatment:
- Versatility: Unlike performance fabric, MicroSeal treatment can be applied to existing furniture, regardless of the fabric type. This means you can protect your beloved leather sofa, delicate silk armchair, or even your antique upholstery.
- Permanent Protection: MicroSeal treatment provides long-lasting and permanent protection. Once applied, it becomes an integral part of the fabric, making it resistant to stains, spills, and fading for years to come.
- Easy Maintenance: MicroSeal-treated fabric is easier to clean and maintain. The protective barrier repels dirt and stains, allowing for simple spot cleaning with a damp cloth in most cases.
Considerations for MicroSeal Treatment:
- Professional Application: While MicroSeal treatment offers exceptional protection, it is typically applied by professionals to ensure optimal results. This may involve additional costs for the application process.
- Initial Odour: After the treatment, you may notice a temporary odour that dissipates within a short period. It is important to ventilate the treated area during this time.
When deciding between performance fabric and MicroSeal treatment for your furniture, it is crucial to consider your specific needs and preferences. Performance fabric offers durability and ease of maintenance, making it a popular choice for those seeking fabric with inherent protective properties. On the other hand, MicroSeal treatment provides versatile protection for various fabric types and offers long-lasting benefits, making it a suitable option for existing furniture.
Ultimately, the decision depends on factors such as the fabric type, desired level of protection, and personal preferences. Consider consulting with professionals and weighing the pros and cons of each option to make an informed choice that aligns with your furniture care goals. Whether you opt for performance fabric or MicroSeal treatment, both options can significantly enhance the lifespan and beauty of your furniture, ensuring years of enjoyment.
Want to learn more? Get in touch with us to explore both options.